Whether you’re single or dating, seeing someone or in an “it’s complicated” situation, WHO CARES! Remember Valentine’s day in elementary… handing out little cards, decorating mailboxes, eating candy and cupcakes. It was the one day of the year that I was actually excited to go to school! We might be a little bit older, but who says the candy and cards have to stop! Here’s a little list of old school ways to have a great valentines day!
One more note! Galentine’s day could be with your friends, but don’t forget about the other gals in your life, your mom, and gramgram!
- Baking: Anything food related already makes the best day ever! If it’s shaped like hearts (call me extra) but it makes it so much yummier
- Movies: Find our list to less cliche Valentines day movies here! Perfect for chillin on the couch with your pals and some chocolate
- WINE: If you’re in a cold climate…try some ice wine it will change your life! Put it on some ice cream or drink it straight like I will
- Arts & crafts: paint a picture (if you’re not an artist don’t worry, just add some wine), Make cute earrings or french bracelets, Colour!
- Play with make up & Dress up: Bring it back to when we were younger and playing dress up was the most fun
- Treat yourself: Buy yourself something that you’ve been wanting for a while. Of course, keep it reasonable – remember we are still broke girls
- If you’re a social media fanatic (#likeme) why not spread the love on social media as well: Comment on pals pictures, or post a story that brightens your day and you think will brighten others (maybe a pic of a golden retriever?)
- Right a letter to yourself: I did this at a Yoga workshop! We wrote a letter to ourselves and the instructor mailed them out! I can’t wait to get mine in the mail 🙂 Since mail these days is all bills and ads why not add some self love into the mix! While you’re at it… why not mail some of your closest (in proximity or far way) pals a letter too
- Cook yourself (or order in) your favourite meal! There is nothing like a delicious dinner to make you smile! You don’t have to go on a dinner date to eat your fave foods, just #treatyourself
- Put on a facemask and have a spa day You can do this by yourself, with your mum, or with your pals! There is no better day to pamper yourself than Valentines day, so create an at home spa and relax!
I know there’s people out there that believe Valentines Day is just another commercial marketing corporate scam, but you know what I say to that?? WHO CARES if it is! It’s a day that we can remind the people around us that we appreciate them. Not to forget, it’s a day that we can remind ourselves that we appreciate ourselves too. #selflove
HAPPY VALENTINES DAY LADIES