Summer is my favourite season (followed very closely by fall) and I ALWAYS want to do as much as I can in the short few months we have. The problem is, it can get expensive. Between weekend trips, patios, summer clothes and so on, as the temperature rises my bank balance lowers. If you want to make the most of summer without breaking the bank, here are some awesome cheap (and free) things to do!
- Movies in the park
- Bike trails
- The beach
- Make Sangria and have your own patio party
- Cheap concert tickets all over the city
- Free street festivals
- Nature hikes
- Shakespeare in the park
- Roller-skate the boardwalk
- Try as many ice cream places as you can
- Picnic in the park
- Farmers markets
- Lawn concerts at Budweiser – you can get inexpensive tickets to so many shows, plus the lawn is the most fun place to sit!
- Buy the Toronto pass – its $100 dollars but it’s good for 9 days and includes admission to CN Tower, Ripleys, the ROM, & so much more.