I love lists! During this time of year…it’s all about lists and checking them twice. It’s the most wonderful time of the year… but also the most busiest, so let’s sing it all together now… TIS THE SEASON OF LISTS!
With all the craziness that comes with this month I sometimes feel like I don’t have enough time to do everything or feel overwhelmed and forget to do so here’s a list to follow and not cram in everything on the 23rd and 24th like me in previous years. Of course this is the order I’m going to try and follow but of course cater it to your lifestyle and availability. These are also very low budget ones
- THE CHRISTMAS TREEEE! Put it up pals !! Or decorate a pineapple or a cactus. Even a festive fig tree if that’s what you have!
- Watch the Victoria Secret Fashion Show…ok I know some of you are like urg I hate watching it, makes me feel so bad about myself, but I LOVE watching it haha one year I actually cried because I thought it was just so inspiring to see girls working hard and achieving their goals.
- Write and Mail Out Christmas cards! I have never written my own, just tagged onto my parents… and I still will haha for some but now that some of my friends are living away from their parents home and some living with their significant others, and some abroad I’m thinking why not…it’s fun and personal
- Clean out unused toys, and clothes to donate
- Mail out Christmas Cards… and if you want mail out a quick little note to Santa 😉 !
- Check out the department window displays as well as the instore decorations. These are my favvvvoorite don’t forget to take some pics. I love the Hudson Bay ones in down town toronto
- Watch your favorite christmas movie… a little confession and I know I’m not the only one but Elf is in the background of everything I do…brushing my teeth you bet buddy is right there with me!
- Put together a gingerbread house…hehe see how I wrote ‘’Put’’ ahah not make, spend a little on the gingerbread kit so you save a little time on putting together all the ingrediants and waiting for the process
- Go skating – check for free nights or discounted nights at the indoor skating rinks or lucky for us who live in the cold have those free outdoor skating rink (obvs when it’s cold enough and the ice is thick enough)
- Take a walk around a new neighborhood and check out the christmas lights.
- Go to a Christmas Market – Bring Cash! To two reasons – most huts and stations can take debit or credit but bring cahs becuase it will help you stay on budget. When at a christmas market it can be easy to get carried away and tap tap tap the credit at lot of food stations.
- Have egg nog and rhum!
- Read twas the night before Christmas
- Craft an ugly christmas sweater or just buy one…lots cheap ones out there.
- Do a random act of Kindness #RAOK
- Have a board game night with friends and/or family
- Go to a Christmas Craft show – before buying from box stores see if you can find gifts that are hand made and locally crafted
- Donate to the local food drive
- Make a christmas ornament…wouldn’t it be cute if you made one every year and through the years you’ll create a collection and have something fun to reflect upon
- Bake Christmas treats for the office, an office, any office…if you don’t work in an office then your workplace, or if you have no workplace, maybe bring some treats to the local humane society for the workers, just maybe call in advance in case they have and special requirements.
- Listen to carolers or join in on the carolers… up to you
- Some family time, friend time, or alone time doing a puzzle in front of the fire whether that be with real wooden logs or a tv fire with a candle it all works
- Do another Random Act of Kindness ! #RAOK It’s officially the first day last minute shoppers begin their shopping so whether you’re one with the madness (me) or at home relaxing cuz you planned ahead (must be nice) don’t forget
- Last day before Christmas Day! Before the storm of insta stories of everyone sharing their new toys…remember to be grateful so on the 24th journal or jot down in a notepad a couple things you are grateful for this Christmas.
Happy Holidays! Happy Decemeber! Merry Christmas!
I hope this list serves as an your holiday advent calender! Check our insta @thebrokegirlsofficial to follow along and tag us so we can do it together!
This year I have had my share of airplanes from 40 minutes flights to an 11 hour flight. I’ll be honest I’d rather be on an 11 hour flight than a 40 minute one. I find I get so much more flying anxiety when it comes to the short ‘up annnnnd now your down’ rides. I have learnt a few tips and tricks to help me stay calm, cool and collected during the whole thing.
Here are my packing tips for your next trip!! Most of my vacations involve a giant backpack, but these still work if a suitcase is more your style. I wish I could say I can afford to bring 3 suitcases worth of stuff (because that’s what I want to do) but I can’t, so I usually try and stuff it into a carry on! Hope these help you pack for your adventure 🙂